We are committed to providing services to our customer with disabilities in an integrated manner that respects their dignity and independence and we are committed equal opportunity in obtaining, using and benefiting from our goods and services.
The purpose of this Customer Service Standards Policy is to fulfill the requirements set out in regulation 429/07 to establish a policy for Ajax Hyundai for governing the provision of its goods or services to persons with disabilities.
Ajax Hyundai dealerships shall use reasonable efforts to ensure that its policies, practices and procedures are consistent with the following principles;
- The goods or services will be provided in a manner that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities.
- The provision of goods or services to persons with disabilities, and others, will be integrated unless an alternate measure is necessary, whether temporarily or on a permanent basis, to enable a person with a disability to obtain, use or benefit from the goods or services.
- Persons with disabilities will be given an opportunity equal to that given to others to obtain, use and benefit from the goods or services.
- Persons with disabilities may use assistive devices and/or support persons in the access of goods and services.
- Ajax Hyundai employees when communicating with a person with a disability shall do so in a manner that takes into account the person's disability.
This policy shall apply to every person who deals with members of the public or other third parties on behalf of Ajax Hyundai, whether the person does so as an employee, agent, volunteer or otherwise.
This Accessibility Customer Service Standards Policy shall not apply during any period where Ajax Hyundai has declared a "State of Emergency"
Review and Amendments
The Accessibility Coordinator shall be responsible for the review process and any subsequent amendments to this policy document. Review and amendments shall take place on an ongoing basis, and at a maximum interval of every three years.
Feedback from our customers provides Ajax Hyundai with opportunities to learn and improve. Ajax Hyundai recognizes the right of our customers to make a complaint, make a compliment or make suggestions on ways to improve our services.
To assist Ajax Hyundai in ensuring that the delivery of goods and service to those with disabilities is provided in an effective and timely manner, the customer is invited to provide their feedback as follows:
In writing, in person, e-mail, or telephone, addressed to:
170 Westney Rd SouthAjax, ON, L1S 2C8
The Accessibility Coordinator will respond either in writing, in person, e-mail or telephone acknowledging receipt of feedback and will set out the action to be taken in response to any complaints.
Service Animals and Support Persons
- Ajax Hyundai employees shall use reasonable efforts to allow persons with disabilities to use their own assistive devices to access goods and/or services.
- Ajax Hyundai employees shall allow persons with disabilities to be accompanied by their guide dog or service animal unless the animal is excluded by law.
- Where an animal is excluded by law from the premises, the reason why the animal is excluded shall be explained to the persons with disabilities, and other reasonable arrangements to provide goods and services shall be explored with the assistance of the person with disability.
- When a service animal is unruly or disruptive (jumping on people, biting, or other harmful behavior) an employee may ask the persons with disability to remove the animal from the area or refuse access to goods or services. In this event, other reasonable arrangements to provide goods or services shall be explored with the assistance of the person with disability.
- Persons with disabilities may be accompanied by their support person while accessing goods and/or services.
Service Disruption - Notice
It is possible that from time to time there will be disruptions in service (e.g. an entrance way that is under repair, renovations that limit access to an area, or technology that is temporarily unavailable).
- In the event that a disruption in service is planned, and expected, it is important to provide reasonable notice.
- Notice will be provided on the website, over the phone, with posted signs at the point of the disruption or in writing.
Unexpected Disruption in Service - Notice
- In the event of an unexpected disruption in service, notice may be provided in a variety of ways, and will be done as quickly as possible.
- In the event of a service disruption, alternative methods of service may be considered and those impacted by service interruption shall be informed of any alternative methods.
- Ongoing training on changes to policies, procedures, and new equipment shall be provided.
- The method and amount of training shall be geared to the trainee's role in terms of accessibility.
- Training records shall be kept, including the dates when the training is provided, number of individuals to whom the training was provided.
For a copy of our policy relating to the manner in which we accommodate customers with disabilities please contact us by calling us directly at 905-427-0111