This accessibility plan outlines the policies and actions that Ajax Hyundai will put in place to improve opportunities for people with disabilities.
Statement of Commitment
Ajax Hyundai is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Accessible Emergency Information
Ajax Hyundai is committed to providing the customers and clients with publicly available emergency information in an accessible way upon request. We will also provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when necessary.
Ajax Hyundai will provide training to employees, volunteers and other staff members on Ontario's accessibility laws and on the Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities. Training will be provided in a way that best suits the duties of employees, volunteers and other staff members.
Ajax Hyundai will take the following steps to ensure employees are provided with the training needed to meet Ontario's accessible laws by January 1, 2015:
- Provide training to all current staff via scheduled 1 hour lunch and learn sessions
- Incorporate this into the orientation process for all new employees
Ajax Hyundai does not use and does not plan to implement self-service kiosks.
Information and communications
Ajax Hyundai is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. We will consult with people with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs if requested.
In accordance with the requirements established in the IAS, Ajax Hyundai will:
a) Ensure new Internet, Intranet websites and web content on those sites will comply with the WCAG 2.0 Level A by January 01, 2014; and
b) Ensure all Internet, Intranet and web content will comply with the WCAG 2.0 Level AA by January 01, 2021
Ajax Hyundai will ensure feedback processes are accessible to people with disabilities upon request:
- Feedback form available upon request and can be submitted in person, by fax or by email
- Feedback form will be provided upon request in large print
Ajax Hyundai is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We will take the following steps to notify the public and staff that, when requested, Ajax Hyundai will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired:
- Job postings or careers site will include a statement of accommodation for people with disability
- Advise applicants when they are invited for an interview that we can provide accommodation for applicants with a disability if necessary
- When making offers of employment, we will notify the successful applicant of the policies for accommodating employees with disabilities
Ajax Hyundai will take steps to develop and put in place a process for developing individual accommodation plans and return-to-work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability.
We will take steps to ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities needs are taken into account if Ajax Hyundai is using performance management, career development and redeployment processes.
Design of Public Spaces
Ajax Hyundai will meet the Accessibility Standards for the Design of Public Spaces when building or making major modifications to public spaces.
Ajax Hyundai will put procedures in place to prevent service disruptions to its accessible parts of its public spaces.
- In the event of a service disruption, we will notify the public of the service disruption and alternatives available.
For more information
For more information on this accessibility plan, please contact the Accessibility Co-ordinator at:
• Phone: 905 695 8888 ext. 228